Monday 15 April 2013

...to the Guildhall and back again, and again...




...the selection process...


What a surprise - having received no emails or real mails regarding whether my work had been accepted into the Cambridge Drawing Society exhibition, and thereby into the society itself, I rechecked my info and it said quite clearly - mind you I don't always read everything  clearly - it said quite clearly that 'successful candidates would be notified by email or paper mail' - well by 1pm I'd pretty much assumed that I had not been successful and 'no' my work hadn't been accepted into the exhibition. 


'The Stargate' - Watermans Lane, Hilgay - Pen & Ink and Watercolour


What a surprise then having returned from an errand at 1.30 to see a letter addressed to me on the hall shelf which I hadn't noticed before - I quickly opened it and there you are - Salutations from the secretary herself - informing me that I have two pieces of work accepted into the exhibition, and an invitation to join the Society itself.  


Yiayia's House, Cyprus - Pen & Ink and Watercolour


Now to drive back to Cambridge itself, via the Isle of Eels (Ely, naturally - I still need layout paper from Tindalls Artshop), to collect the two pieces of work not selected for inclusion.


Byfords Delicatessen, Holt - Pen & Ink
  
Of the four pieces submitted the larger works - 'Byfords Delicatessen', and 'Reeds 100 Year Department Store' were selected to appear in the exhibition...hope you like 'em.

Reeds 100 Year Department Store, Downham Market - Pen & Ink


Please go to Cambridge Drawing Society for information about the society and what it gets up to. 
Please go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/cambridgedrawingsociety/ to see images of members artwork. 

  Both well worth the visit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment